Audit Manager - Audit Senior Manager
2020 Camino del Rio North , Suite 500 San Digeo, CA 92108-1544
Audit Manager – Senior Audit Manager
Actively seeking an Audit Manager – Senior Audit Manager.
This Manager position reports directly to our Audit Directors and Audit Partners and works collaboratively with the members of our expanding audit team.
The Manager possesses the ability to assume full responsibility for directing engagements and special assignments and has the enhanced capability of supervising a number of engagements simultaneously.
The Manager oversees the performance of client service and all related activity.
The Manager can perform all tasks related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished by the engagement team within the budgeted time.
This role takes on responsibility for the professional and technical development of the staff through on-the-job-interaction and leading in-house training.
Additionally, the Manager has begun to develop a list of potential referral sources in an effort to bring new business to the firm and is involved in community activities for the purposes of business development and cross-selling the firms services.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for leadership, learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and proficiency in advanced technical skills necessary for advising clients.
- Complies with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups, and enlightens and teaches the impact of such pronouncements to all staff.
- Recognizes complex technical issues, uses strategic decision-making skills and reaches appropriate conclusions.
- Develops industry expertise and stays abreast of industry news; contributes to staff and senior development by sharing industry knowledge.
- Recognizes complex technical issues, reaches appropriate conclusions and applies authority to support conclusions.
- Effectively communicates all technical material to clients, verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in use of necessary discipline software and applications.
- Manage client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing audit engagements while effectively controlling time and expenses.
- Provide and develop planning techniques for clients while addressing client needs and seeking new opportunities for existing and potential clients; make recommendations for appropriate additional services.
- Offer ongoing status updates to management and to the engagement team.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to apply understanding to carry out and to give instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Participate in mentoring, training, recruiting, retention and team-building activities.
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assists senior associates in prioritizing and managing their workload.
- Approaches projects with a sense of urgency and is completion oriented.
- Understands that time may be spent in both the Firms offices and/or the clients premises.
- Additionally, client service activity may not always be predictable, and may be subject to immediate change or on-call requests with very short notice.
- Travel may be frequent and unpredictable, depending on clients needs, and may include domestic and/or international travel.
- 5-10 years of audit experience.
- A combination of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- SEC experience is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- Advanced degree preferable.
- CPA certification required.
- Other professional certification relevant to specialized services areas a plus.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and auditing standards.
- Familiarity with audit procedures and the ability to distinguish between material and immaterial items.
- Must maintain required CPE credits annually.
- Ability to effectively use Prosystem Fx Engagement and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The volume of work during busy seasons is typically higher than at other times of the year.
- Demonstrated experience in building, interfacing and managing clientele base.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Performance bonus program
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employer match on 401k contributions.
- CPE and CPA renewal fees paid for.
- Discounted rates for CPA review courses.
- Bonus upon passing all four sections of CPA exam.
Equal Opportunity Employer.