Accountant - Assistant Bookkeeper- Business Management
10960 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90024
Assistant Bookkeeper- Business Management
Performs day-to-day bookkeeping functions for clients and assists Account Managers
- Inputs information provided by client in the form of invoices, bills, checks or other registers. Performs check runs utilizing several different software packages, including Datafaction and Imaging and QuickBooks.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Performs bank reconciliations and traces discrepancies.
- Receives and inputs clients’ accounts payable invoices and generates payments.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Handles clients’ payrolls.
- Spends time at clients’ offices for special projects, client personnel training, setting up of accounting systems, and performing tasks at client’ s office which are outlined in 1 thorough 6 above. This will require traveling to clients throughout southern California area.
- Month-end and Quarter-end duties include compilation of financials, sales tax and payroll tax returns.
- Reviews 1099' s and W-2' s prepared for clients.
- Some Overtime during December, January and February.
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least 1 year of experience with QuickBooks.
- Datafaction experience REQUIRED
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate ten-key calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Preferred Bookkeeper Certification
- Minimum of 1 year bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Some QuickBooks experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/