15260 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1705 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 US
BOOKKEEPER - FULL TIME
Our client is a mid-sized full service accounting, auditing, tax and financial services firm located in San Fernando Valley, they are seeking a highly motivated and experienced tax and audit professionals to be part of their fast growing team.
Compensation and benefits packages are very competitive. We believe in paying whatever it takes to get the best and the brightest professionals.
If you are interested in becoming an accounting professional in a fast paced, friendly and team-oriented environment, then we may be a home for you.
BOOKKEEPERS perform vital roles. They perform professional services, perform business management and data entry functions. They also prepare payroll returns, sales tax returns, business property statements, and if abilities and time permit, individual income tax returns and business tax returns. A bookkeeper' s responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare payroll, sales tax, and other local tax returns on a periodic basis.
- Draft correspondence to taxing authorities to address issues in the bookkeeper' s purview.
- Be comfortable contacting local taxing authorities, banks, and other businesses on behalf of our clients.
- Import a client’ s financial information into our trial balance software. Prepare and post adjusting entries into our trial balance software.
- Perform after-the-fact accounting services (write-up) using QuickBooks or our trial balance software.
- Using QuickBooks software, perform ongoing business management services for clients, including, depositing checks, check writing, bank reconciliation and account analysis.
- On a periodic basis as required, prepare balance sheets, income statements, general ledger reports, etc. from the QuickBooks accounting program.
- As directed, meet with client personnel to perform on-site accounting services.
- As needed, process a variety of tax returns and correspondence for mailing to clients and taxing authorities.
- Accuracy and reliability of work product are critical. Bookkeepers must perform their assigned duties accurately and efficiently. Good work habits and self-checking techniques are crucial to a Bookkeeper' s success and advancement.
A successful candidate must be eager to learn, receptive to critiques of work product, and willing to work on a variety of projects. Bookkeepers interact with a clients and firm personnel in face-to-face meetings and via a wide variety of media (telephone, email, letters, fax, etc.). Therefore, bookkeepers need to have good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Superior math skills and an ability to problem solve are also traits that we look for in a bookkeeper. Finally, a good attitude and enthusiasm for the accounting profession are attributes that we look for in all personnel. During the tax season period we work long hours and persons with initiative and a pleasant personality are appreciated.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- An AA degree in accounting (or the equivalent) is preferred.
- Microsoft Office and QuickBooks certifications preferred.
- We prefer candidates that have relevant work experience in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll tax preparation, sales tax preparation, preparation of business property statements, and preparation of city business license returns. Experience may be as an intern, part-time, or full-time worker.
- Experience in with income tax preparation is a plus.
- Experience with a prior CPA firm or business management firm is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of the concepts of accrual and cash basis accounting. Candidates should be able to understand the similarities and differences between these two bases of accounting.
- Candidates must be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with 10-key calculators is preferred.
- Candidates should be typing proficient and should be able to type at least 25 WPM on a standard computer keyboard.
- Candidates must have proficient business-level writing skills.
- Experience with accounting software, especially QuickBooks, is required.
- A candidate must demonstrate proficiency in spoken conversation via telephone or in face-to-face meetings.
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others and speaking with others. Candidates should enjoy working individually and in teams.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/