Accountant Senior Tax
One Dole Drive Westlake Village, CA 91362
Senior Tax Accountant Corporate
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for assisting Tax Manager and Vice President Tax in all aspects of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax projections, tax return work paper preparation, special projects and basic research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Preparation of tax income returns for federal consolidated return and state income tax returns including corporations and partnerships (350).
2. Includes preparation of workpapers and data entry into tax software.
3. Monitor the collection of tax data requested from divisions for preparation of income tax returns, return extensions and four quarterly estimated tax payments.
4. Review BNA tax depreciation and its components for legal entities
5. Preparation and distribution of tax packages for data collection to prepare income tax returns
6. Prepare budget preparation of budget projections for two to five-year income tax projections based on bank projections modified for tax adjustments to produce projected federal and state tax payments for the companies
7. Prepare and maintain “ permanent schedules”, including tax bases analysis, cumulative book/tax differences, earnings and profits, etc.
8. Preparation of tax calendars and payment schedules for return to be filed in taxable year
9. Maintain tax records, electronic tax database for returns and work papers for legal entities by year.
10. Assist in tax accounting activities for financial statement reporting, including deferred tax analysis, income tax provisions and tax related financial disclosures (FIN 48)
11. Assist in the accumulation of requested information and review of proposed audit adjustments by IRS and state and local taxing authorities.
12. Assist in all miscellaneous tax compliance activities and ensure proper tax accounting.
13. Achieve and maintain a working knowledge of the business operations of legal entities and interact with divisions.
14. Conduct federal and state tax research.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting with minimum 3-6 years tax experience
2. Masters of Tax degree a plus
3. Previous experience must include tax compliance on consolidated C-Corporation with multi-state activities and partnerships. S-corporation and individuals tax experience a plus.
4. Must have ProSystems experience and other tax preparation software experience
5. Strong computer skills (Excel and Word)
6. Experience with tax research software and programs RIA, BNA
7. Ability to work independently and as part of the tax team
8. Ability to follow directions and yet offer alternative solutions to superiors
9. Good oral and written communication skills
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.