471 Emerson St. Palo Alto, California 94301
Staff Accountant - Software Startup – Silicon Valley
Our client is a startup company specializing in next-generation SaaS solution for managing data centers.
They are looking for a highly skilled staff accountant to join their team as they build out a world class accounting department.
- The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the Accounts Payable process and supporting the month-end close. This position will initially report to the CFO.
- Perform month-end close activities including journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the annual audit process including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Review and reconcile AMEX and Chase credit card statements and cardholder receipts and record transactions to the general ledger every month
- Prepare and post: monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the financial statements
- Maintenance of finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Assist with federal, state and local tax reporting
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related experience
- Strong understanding of accounting and GAAP knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and advanced MS Excel skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to work and communicate as a team but own your tasks with minimal supervision
- Certification – CPA, CMA or CIA
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with NetSuite system a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- World-class team, stock options, competitive cash compensation
- Close to public transport
- High energy company culture that likes to win and have fun together
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.