Accountant Tax Staff
San Francisco, California 94105
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 100 firm nationally.
Recently named a BEST PLACE TO WORK in San Francisco, as well as one of the BEST ACCOUNTING FIRMS TO WORK FOR nationwide
We support our staff by providing ongoing training programs, excellent technical resources, close interaction among partners and clients, a competitive compensation and benefits package, advancement opportunities, and a team-oriented working environment.
Our San Francisco office is currently seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, high-energy individual to join our Firm as an accountant in our Tax department.
Staff accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. A staff accountant should begin to build a knowledge base of the Firm’ s service offerings. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
- Prepares business and personal tax returns.
- Performs other accounting, auditing and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Compiles work papers and other accounting reports.
- Understands technical tax issues and applies Internal Revenue Code and tax regulations to client situations.
- Provides current information on progress of assigned tasks to the immediate supervisor and suggest improvements in methods of accomplishing the purpose of the assigned task.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures to verify accuracy and validity of client’ s financial matters.
- Seeks opportunities for assignments to absorb available time by communicating before they have no more work.
- Punctually enters time and expenses daily to support efficient billing processes.
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all Firm and Tax department policies and procedures.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Proficiency with computer, spreadsheet software program, and calculator.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
- Works in the office 98% of the time.
- Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in public accounting.
- Bachelor’ s degree, usually in accounting, or Master’ s degree in accounting.
- Prepare for CPA license by taking and passing the California CPA exam.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Positively seeks knowledge, new task and responsibilities.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by Partners or peers to perform, or assist in performing, other instructions and duties.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.