Accounting Manager - Business Manager
16030 Ventura Blvd Suite 240 Encino, CA 91436
Business Manager - Accounting Dept. Manager
Our client is a prestigious full service accounting firm located near Encino, CA. We are seeking an ambitious accounting manager candidate
This is a position with lots of growth potential and we are looking for a high potential candidate with drive and ambition that will be needed to manage and grow an accounting department that is already established.
About the Position:
The Accounting Manager performs a variety of confidential and complex accounting duties. The Manager oversees daily and routine tasks as well as responds to client’ s special needs and requests. The Manager assists in the preparation and distribution of financial statements and ensures that all deliverables comply with regulatory standards. The Manager will interact directly with the partners in meeting the needs of the firm and with peers in both the Business Management and Tax department’ s offering support and backup when required or as workload dictates on a seasonal basis.
- Review and maintain General Ledger for a diverse mix of business entities (cash basis and accrual basis).
- Reconcile Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Prepare pension accounting; including Asset Listing and Schedule of Income and Expense.
- Process payroll (multi-state), quarterly/annual payroll tax returns including registering entities in various states for payroll; including set-up of EFTPS.
- Prepare 1099’ s, business tax returns, 571L, sales tax returns, and secretary of state filings.
- Interface directly with business managers and their clients in order to customize reporting to meet their needs.
- Ad-hoc accounting and consulting projects as needed.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have 5 year’ s business management and/or public accounting firm experience, and previously worked with high net worth/high profile clients.
- CPA or CPA in process preferred. College degree preferred.
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Must possess the ability to lead and manage a team as well as grow the department.
- Must have excellent computer skills and have strong knowledge of computerized accounting software. QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Outlook, Lacerte, and Prosystemfx.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day and week.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and possess the ability to calmly and efficiently address situations from routine to emergency.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize busy season periods, or otherwise to balance workload.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview. You can also apply directly this and other openings on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/