Accounting Manager Senior Tax
2 International Pl, Boston, MA 02110
Senior Tax Manager
Our client is a global accounting firm providing a full range of business services and solutions. They ranked as one of the top ten accounting services providers in the United States.
We are looking to place a Senior Tax Manager / Director for their growing Tax practice in Boston, MA.
The Core Tax Services Senior Manager /Senior Director is responsible for applying industry specific knowledge to advise clients on the tax implications of their business objections, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations while acting as the primary client contact for complex tax issues. In this role, Core Tax Services Senior Manager /Senior Director is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues, and recognizing, communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy and making top-level decisions regarding filing, preparation and resolution of questions from federal / state agencies. In addition, the Core Tax Services Senior Manager /Senior Director will be a critical member of the office / region leadership team and thus will be involved in the direct supervision as either a final or secondary reviewer under the partner.
Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies, standards, and the Tax Quality Manual (“ TQM”).
- Manages engagements to achieve engagement management metrics
- Practices hands-on client service delivery
- Responsible for overall client service by encouraging team’ s adherence to TQM policies (including engagement letters, documentation, etc)
Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports
- Identifies complex issues to be researched by engagement team and provides research methodology for efficient research process
- Technical reviewers of WTAs in an area of expertise, as applicable to role
Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits, especially by decreasing clients’ current and future taxes.
- Applies expert knowledge of the process of combining tax knowledge and knowledge of business/industry to recommend solutions and maximize results in the Firm
- Applies general knowledge of multiple tax specialties (i.e. International, SALT, Estate Planning) for issue identification and resolution
Develops an in-depth understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation, e.g., individual, corporate, property, sales, corporate, pass-through, state and local, international, expatriate, transfer pricing, credits and incentives, compensation and benefits, accounting methods, R&D tax benefits.
- Has expert knowledge of application of standards
- Recognized as industry expert in specialized field of taxation
- Use expertise to advise clients on tax implications and recommend alternative courses of action and identify different methods of compliance
Introduces and develops new or improved ideas to improve the position of clients, the Firm, or Firm personnel, e.g., by reducing taxes or expenses or providing non-tax benefits.
- Depending on specific role, may be required to present complex strategies to clients and prospective clients
Other duties as required
- Ability to supervise associates, senior associates and managers, as the situation dictates
- Reviews work prepared by associates and senior associates and provide review comments
- Acts as a Career Advisor to associates, senior associates and managers
- Schedules and manages workload of associates, senior associates and managers
- Provides verbal and written performance feedback to associates, senior associates and managers
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of prior experience
- Industry expertise in one or more tax specialty
- Prior supervisory experience required
- CPA certification preferred
- Possession of other professional degrees or certifications applicable to role beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Capable of developing and managing a team of tax professionals
- Ability to compose written tax advice
- Capable of effectively developing and maintaining client relationships
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary client contact for preparation and presentation of issues and resolutions to clients
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.