Accounting Manager Senior Tax
600 City Parkway West Orange, CA 92868-2968
Senior Tax Manager.
Our client is a full service accounting, auditing and financial services firm located near Orange, CA
They work specifically with high net worth clients and their closely held entities within various industries, professional athletes and C-level executives.
As a boutique firm of approx. 40 employees, we have grown rapidly over the past few years; we strive to maintain our " small firm" feel by providing a personalized environment for both staff and clients.
Working here is not for the faint of heart. In order to serve our clients at the highest level, we expect nothing less than the best from our employees. Our culture is one of accountability and results.
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will be expected to think and act proactively while making confident and autonomous decisions. Your ability to direct, as well as, mentor staff while developing client relationships will be your growth indicators with our Company.
We expect a well-rounded professional who can lead as well as take a “ hands-on” approach to business production and development. You should also possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Most recent 8+ years tax experience in a public accounting firm
- Active California CPA required
- Experience with multi-state tax preparation and review
- Ability to work with clients to maximize potential tax planning opportunities
- Previous experience with high net worth individuals and their closely held entities
- Able to prepare and review complex level tax returns
- Technologically savvy (experience with ProSystem fx tax software a plus)
- 8+ years tax staff management experience necessary
- Assisting with building client relationships
- Ability to manage and mentor staff members
- Capable and willing to participate in our continuing process to improve technical quality
- Project management skills are a must! Ability to see a project through from beginning to end
- Support growth of Tax revenues over the next 36 months by:
- Developing client revenues
- Retaining current client relationships
- Spearhead a program to develop process infrastructure to increase tax production
- Utilization of a technology-based approach
- Create a " light" process for less complex returns
- Develop and implement a training program for staff
- Work with Partners to assume daily responsibilities of tax department within 6 months.
- Hire, train, and develop staff
- Organize workflows to ensure production is meeting client deadlines, proper staff utilization, and increasing visibility of compliance workload.
We are generous when it comes to taking care of our professionals and staff members. Here is a brief summary of what we provide:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- New Client Referral Rewards
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.