Accounting Manager Tax - Indirect Tax
2560 E Philadelphia St, Ontario, CA 91761 US
Indirect Tax Manager
Our client, a leading bottled beverage manufacturer in the U.S
We are seeking an Indirect Tax Manager to join their team
The Indirect Tax Manager plays a critical role in all aspect of indirect tax compliance and other specialty taxes including sales/use tax, property tax, etc. This position reports to the Senior Tax Manager.
- Manage comprehensive sales & use tax functions, including preparation of monthly sales tax returns, determine taxability of various transactions, issue tax exempt certificate, research sales tax issue for all current and future locations
- Manage Value Added Tax for international operation in Mexico
- Review and modify current procedures to address tax variance issues with Accounts Payable
- Take complete ownership of EBTax Module (Oracle R12) including, but not limited to, setting up new tax rules, fiscal code classification, maintain sales tax rules database
- Defend all sales/use tax audits, property tax audits, and any other indirect tax audits (including, but not limited to, providing data, conducting plant tours, entering into settlements)
- Manage business license renewals for all 19 locations (plus annexes)
- Manage all property tax compliance and payment
- Manage property tax appeals with consulting firms as appropriate
- Assist in international tax research and planning (VAT, duties, etc.)
- Assist Tax Manager with income tax compliance on an ad-hoc basis
- Research various tax issues related to H/R and work with H/R to implement new procedures
- Work cohesively with the Economic Development group to ensure we obtain the best tax incentives possible
- Perform annual incentive compliance with governmental agencies regarding property tax/sales tax abatements
- Perform tax research to support domestic and foreign expansion
- 7-10 years sales/use tax, property tax, audit defense, international taxes.
- At least 4 years of public accounting experience.
- Experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing - uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Detail oriented and accurate - minimizes mistakes, follows every step in a process and follows through with all tasks
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills.
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership - inspires and motivates others to perform well; influences actions and opinions of others; Displays passion and optimism.
- Managing People - fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business Administration
- MBA or Juris Doctor Preferred
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.