Associate Accountant - F500 Firm
100 North Sepulveda, Suite 1100 El Segundo, CA 90245 US
Our client, a global Fortune 500 Real Estate company, is seeking an experienced Associate Accountant
Responsible for the routine, day to day accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains, records and reconciles daily cash receipts.
- Completes billing uploads and receivable research.
- Routine accounting functions - creates and reconciles accounting entries while resolving discrepancies.
- Works with other Accountants to prepare source data for income and balance sheet statements.
- Populates financial schedules, reports and records for supervisor review.
Verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Updates information in various databases, iTrack and PeopleSoft, to add clients, modify billing rules, set up vendors and customers in MTA (My Transactions) commission system, etc. on a timely basis.
- Updates cash receipt information in the sub ledger accurately and timely.
- Processes billing/invoicing and enters data into the accounting databases.
- May either apply or submit cash applications to the vouchers/invoices.
- Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
- May assist in month-end procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance emphasis, OR related work experience OR a Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting.
- With Associate Degree, 3+ years’ experience in general accounting, A/P, or A/R clerical and/or entry level Associate positions.
- With Bachelor' s Degree, 0-2 years.
- Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Must have the ability to convey financial information to non-financial users.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate basic figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Follows accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing company financial interests are protected.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/