16000 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91436
ABOUT THE FIRM
Our client is a full service business management firm located in San Fernando Valley proud to service the best in the industry. They are highly regarded for being an energetic firm, with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience.
Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, athletes, writers, directors, producers and other entertainment-related companies and executives.
Compensation and benefits packages are very competitive. We believe in paying whatever it takes to get the best and the brightest professionals.
They are seeking a highly motivated and experienced accounting, tax, audit and business management professionals to be part of their fast growing team.
To prepare tax returns and client financial packages by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Review of royalty statements and accountings to ensure compliance with royalty agreements
- Review of artist, producer, publishing and merchandise contracts files, account information, statement data, and other pertinent information affecting the royalty calculations and reporting
- Prepare written reports which detail the findings, supported by excel-based schedules with calculations and summaries
- Assist in fieldwork
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in interpreting artist, producer, publishing and merchandise contracts and processing royalty statements
- Experience in domestic and foreign royalty operations desirable
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Four year college degree in finance, business, accounting or related field
- Financial, auditing or legal experience a plus
- Proficiency with Excel and Word
- Ability to multi-task with various projects
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Fluent Command of English
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Math Aptitude
- Problem Solving Skills
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Entity Income Taxation
- Individual Income Taxation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Windows
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’ s Degree, Accounting (3.0 GPA or better)
- Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Occasional standing, walking, crouching, and light lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms
- Regular talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting
- Moderate to loud noise level
- Risk of electrical shock
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/