111 Pacifica Suite 320 Irvine, CA 92618-4255
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that has embraced entrepreneurs, CEOs and founders for their visionary and independent spirits and they specialize in serving their accounting, tax and specialized financial needs.
Providing a vast array of advisory services including tax, accounting, and a broad array of specialized, financial advisory services, no matter how intricate a business challenge may be, their team becomes an entrepreneur’ s most trusted resource.
They invest in their people and their on-going professional growth, since we know they are the cornerstone of their success.
And, they invest in technology to ensure they have the right financial tools to deliver the right client solutions.
As part of their growth strategic plans, we are looking to fill an exceptional opportunity for an Audit Engagement Director in their growing firm to oversee significant audit engagements, manage talented staff, and assume the role of mentor on audit and accounting technical issues and overall professional development. Bring your own style of leadership to impact clients’ success and coach the people you manage.
Job Description / Requirements
- Demonstrate deep technical skills, general industry knowledge, and knowledge of the firm’ s capabilities.
- Excel at engagement management and operational excellence, developing standards in these areas for the firm.
- Provide leadership on client engagement, effectively managing the expectations of clients.
- Exhibit strong people management and team building skills.
- Establish leadership authority with team on engagements.
- Work effectively in executing engagement responsibilities.
- Demonstrate personal productivity and maintain high levels of utilization and region profitability by supporting multiple industry and service areas.
- Understand the firm’ s financial model and ensure profitable delivery of engagements.
- Expand technical and professional knowledge through greater exposure to new client situations, regular self-study and formal training opportunities.
- Support business development opportunities as a high ranking expert and expand existing relationships through demonstrating high value and good strategic partnering capabilities.
- Build lasting relationships with clients and subordinate staff.
- Bachelor’ s degree or Master’ s degree in Accounting required; advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in a large professional services or public accounting firm, including 5+ years experience driving strategic management
- CPA licensure or other professional accreditation in area of expertise
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing positive client relationships
- Demonstrated success in professional development of individuals at all levels involved in audit engagements
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within required time constraints and deadlines
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.