2301 Dupont Dr, Irvine, CA 92612
Our client is a national accounting firm that has an immediate opening for an Audit Associate.
The Audit Associate works as a member of the Client Services group in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many entry level accounting duties and will also work directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Nonprofit, Manufacturing and many more industries.
- Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
- Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on audit methodology
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor' s degree required; Master’ s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- CPA eligible and/or desire to obtain certification preferred
- Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, and have basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.