Audit Manager Internal
2 Musick Irvine, CA 92618
Internal Audit Manager
Our client is a global a publicly traded medical device company that is in rapid growth mode.
As part of their strategic growth plans, we are looking to place an Internal Audit Manager who will bring public accounting experience, CIA, & CPA.
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for global SOX management and compliance.
This position will serve as the liaison with outsourced internal auditors and external auditors.
This position will lead the internal compliance process including leading monthly, quarterly and annual management meetings with process owners, executives and audit committee members.
- Subject matter expert in SOX 404 and COSO 2013
- Performs audit procedures to verify operating effectiveness through testing and interview techniques
- Develop formal process to communicate audit findings to senior management and audit committee members
- Ensures that audit issues are well defined and root causes are identified
- Lead the organization in the effective discharge of control responsibilities
- Analyze the effectiveness of policies and procedures
- Document controls through narratives and flow charts
- Key point of contact for external auditors
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Lead remediation efforts to clear any audit findings
- Provide SOX 404 direction and support to EU office, based in Netherlands (will likely require 1-2 trips to Amsterdam per year)
- 6-10+ years of experience in a dynamic work environment
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience highly preferred
- Experience working within a publicly-traded company
- Strong knowledge of SOX 404, COSO 2013, GAAP, and SEC reporting requirements
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
- Proficiency in ERP accounting software
- Extreme attention to detail, high levels of professionalism and excellent communication skills
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Highly analytical and able to efficiently problem-solve in dynamic work environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- CPA/CIA highly preferred
- CISA is a plus
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.