Audit Senior (Assurance & Advisory)
MONTGOMERY ST SAN FRANCISCO, California 94104
AUDIT SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 100 firm nationally.
Recently named a BEST PLACE TO WORK in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, and the San Fernando Valley, as well as one of the BEST ACCOUNTING FIRMS TO WORK FOR nationwide, we are one of the largest accounting firms in Southern California. Established in 1959, the practice has grown to more than 250 professionals and support staff, with offices throughout northern and southern California.
We believe that creating a caring, friendly and warm family environment for our employees helps them love coming to work to do an extraordinary job.
We support our staff by providing ongoing training programs, excellent technical resources, close interaction among partners and clients, a competitive compensation and benefits package, advancement opportunities, and a team-oriented working environment.
Our San Francisco office is currently seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, high-energy individual to join our Firm as a Senior in our Audit department.
Senior Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more assistants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Builds client relationships and maintains smooth working relationship.
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assist staff in prioritizing and managing their workload. Approaches projects with a sense of urgency and is completion orientated.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted auditing standards to verify accuracy and validity of client’ s financial matters.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Drafts reports including footnotes.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and multi-task.
- Supervises one or more staff and semi-senior accounts on assigned engagements and instructs them in work to be performed
- Reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting (or foreign equivalent) or a related field and 3 years’ experience in job offered or closely related occupation.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new task and responsibilities.
- Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive feedback.
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all Firm wide and local policies and procedures.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.