801 Second Avenue, Suite 1310 Seattle, WA 98104
Senior Audit Associate
TEAM UP WITH US!
As a Senior Accountant within our Audit practice, you will supervise and plan field audit engagements, supervise staff, recognize, research and perform moderately complex accounting areas of the client’ s balance sheet and income statements. You will help to ensure the completion of our clients’ annual reports and interact accordingly with clients to identify and resolve field audit issues.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
WHAT YOU' LL DO
- Supervise, plan and perform audits, reviews, compilations, and various consulting client engagements.
- Lead a team of up to five staff members under supervision of a Manager and/or Partner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic and moderately complex workpaper preparation.
- Exhibit strong analytical skills to evaluate financial data and relationships
- Continue to develop administrative, professional and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze and communicate with both the engagement team and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner.
- Analyze financial statement data and draw logical conclusions.
- Exercise professional skepticism in the critical assessment of audit evidence
- Identify, assess, and document controls and weaknesses in client accounting systems
- Thoroughly evaluate assigned areas of financial statements and identify potential points for improvement.
- Prepare clear and accurate workpapers
- Update Managers and/or Partners of job status and assurance issues in timely manner
- Develop understanding of client businesses related to assigned assurance areas
- Know and apply specialized knowledge, for example, the rules, regulations, and code of ethics of the AICPA, be familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (“ FASB”) and the AICPA, and applicable state regulations.
- Understand and comply with the Firm’ s quality control policy
- Organize, analyze and communicate with both fellow auditors and client personnel in a professional, productive and efficient manner.
- Perform timely review of staff workpapers and provide constructive feedback
WHAT YOU' LL NEED
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting in audit or assurance
- Bachelor’ s degree or Master’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA license preferred
- Experience in supervising Audit staff professionals
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable GAAP.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to research and analyze technical issues independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to teach and train others
- Ability to identify internal control deficiencies and document management letter comments for purposes of communicating deficiencies and weaknesses to clients.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Engagement
- Maintain neat and professional appearance
- Possess a courteous, cooperative and professional attitude
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and desire to succeed
- Display a commitment to acting in the best interest of the Firm
- Practice discretion and discernment in dealing with client and Firm matters
HOW TO APPLY
If you’ re up for the challenge and this is something you would like to consider, please apply online using the " Apply for this job online" button.