15260 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1705 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Our client is a mid-sized full service accounting, auditing, tax and financial services firm located in San Fernando Valley, they are seeking a highly motivated and experienced tax and audit professionals to be part of their fast growing team.
Compensation and benefits packages are very competitive. We believe in paying whatever it takes to get the best and the brightest professionals.
ABOUT THE FIRM
We are a mid-sized local CPA firm located in Sherman Oaks, California. The firm was founded in 1947 and has served Metropolitan Los Angeles for nearly 70 years. Our client base consists of high net worth individuals and closely held businesses in a variety of industries including real estate, retail/wholesale distribution, manufacturing, non-profit, and healthcare. We provide a variety of services including, income tax planning and compliance, accounting / business management, audit and attestation, trustee and consultation services.
Our firm consists of approximately 18 accounting professionals, including 6 owners, and 4 administrative professionals. Organizationally, we are fairly flat and do not rely on hierarchies. Personnel generally work directly with or are only one level removed from the owners. We come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences and treat each person as an individual. In the office, we dress business casual. In addition, when mutually beneficial, we may offer flexible hours.
Our philosophy is to remain current with technology and provide professionals with stable reliable work tools. We provide all personnel with computers with multi-monitor displays. We typically rotate our IT systems every three years and consider enhancements on an ongoing basis. We operate in a reduced paper environment and are migrating to a paperless environment that works best for personnel at all levels.
Our ideal professionals are intelligent, motivated, team players who enjoy accounting and working with others. An ability to be professional and get along with others is a key success factor. We work hard and we value a person’ s efforts and results.
If you are interested in becoming an accounting professional in a fast paced, friendly and team-oriented environment, then we may be a home for you.
The duties of a senior accountant are as follows:
- Plan, perform, and supervise audits, reviews, compilations, and other attestation engagements.
- In connection with tax and A&A engagements, draft appropriate engagement letters.
- Draft/review management representation letters and reports to management and those charged with governance (i.e. internal control letters and audit closing memoranda).
- As appropriate, draft financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP or other bases of accounting.
- Participate in the Firm' s quality control programs for the A&A practice and Income Tax practice areas.
- Train and supervise entry-level professional staff.
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns including tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, and non-for-profit organizations.
- Many of our clients use QuickBooks accounting software. Senior Accountants should be comfortable and proficient at generating reports, extracting data, and posting adjusting entries.
- In connection with our engagements, a senior accountant should be able to navigate through the firms’ paperless engagement software
As Senior Accountants progress to manager level positions, they will develop specializations.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- CPA License required. If not a California CPA, a candidate must be able to obtain a California CPA license within 12 months.
- Advance degrees or specialty credentials are a plus.
- 3-5 years professional accounting experience in either A&A or Tax disciplines. Experience may be focused on one discipline or may be a combination of both tax and A&A.
- We prefer candidates who have worked in large or mid-sized firms in offices of 10 more professionals.
- Stable work history is highly preferred.
- Experience must demonstrate progressive growth and assumption of responsibilities.
- Personnel should have at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Persons with and A&A focus should have at least two years experience planning A&A engagements. In addition, such candidates should have participated in financial statement preparation and drafting of accountant’ s reports and opinions.
- Persons with a tax focus must be technically proficient with tax compliance in the following areas:
- C and S-corporations
- Partnerships and LLC’ s
- Real estate transactions
- Individuals having experience with foreign transaction reporting, and estate / trust taxation, and /or healthcare are preferred.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Candidates must be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- We require that candidates be proficient with online accounting and income tax research. Experience with RIA Checkpoint, BNA tax research, PPC accounting and tax libraries is preferred.
- Candidates must have sound writing skills. This position will require drafting accountants’ reports, financial statement footnotes, and correspondence intended for clients, attorneys and taxing authorities. In addition the position will require the drafting of internal memoranda regarding research.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software packages is preferred. If a candidate is not familiar with QuickBooks, their job experience must demonstrate an ability and willingness to utilize the program effectively and efficiently.
- Experience with CCH ProSystem FX is preferred. Those not having experience with ProSystem FX must demonstrate the aptitude to learn and utilize the software effectively within three months.
- A candidate must demonstrate proficiency in spoken conversation via telephone or in face-to-face meetings.
- Candidates should have good interpersonal skills. Candidates should enjoy working with others and speaking with others.
- Candidates should be comfortable multi-tasking and overseeing multiple simultaneous assignments.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/