970 W 190th St # 850, Torrance, California 90502
Audit Senior Accountant (Los Angeles)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Audit Senior Accountant with experience in dealing with companies with foreign subsidiaries and revenues over $200 million.
- Utilize academic training in accounting and finance to analyze client information such as balance sheets and income statements, prepare working papers in accordance with applicable engagement standards, and perform audits of internal control over financial reporting, including J-SOX.
- Apply a basic understanding of attestation standards and methodologies when executing risk-based audit plans.
- Execute the attestation engagement process, ensuring that working papers, other documentation, and deliverables supporting the financial statement are accurate, adequate, and of high quality.
- Identify auditing, accounting, and engagement process issues as they arise, apprise engagement executives, and develop solutions where possible.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Japanese-speaking and English-speaking clients both orally and in writing in order to build business relationships with clients.
- Assist in day-to-day client matters including responding to and consulting on client questions and requests
To qualify, candidate must have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or a related field.
- A CPA license or be qualified to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam.
- Business-level proficiency with both written and spoken Japanese and English.
- Three years of experience working in a public accounting firm.
- Basic technological skills, including facility with Excel and Word.