CFO / Controller
550 South Hope Street, Suite 1700 Los Angeles, CA 90071
CFO / Controller
We have an exciting opportunity available with a leading Architectural/Structural Engineering firm headquartered in DTLA. This company was established about 30 years ago and has grown to be an internationally recognized firm. With multiple offices in the USA they are rapidly growing and are leaders in the field of structural and seismic engineering.
They focus on high rise buildings, medical centers, athletic facilities, and seismic evaluations. This firm has been recognized and awarded for many of their projects across, civic, education, sports, religious, multi-family, and retail projects.
Currently they are looking for a CFO/ controller out of the AE/ SE industry.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Check with the bank for wire transfers and all other activity - print & give to SD
- Payroll review, make JE’ s in ADV. and update schedules, Send payroll pdf to HR
- Review billing and M-18, Bank Reconciliations, Enter % completes in Adv, Generate Rev Gen
- Update revenue allocation report for group billings
- Post recurring GE, post new JE’ s, run preliminary GL, Review GL and make any needed JE’ s
- Review Progress Reports
- Generate Unbilled/Unearned report and prepare JE
- Update prepaid schedules & post JE
- Review final GL (accrual)
- Review final GL (cash)
- Update snapshot (first cash then accrual)
- On a quarterly basis, Prepare, file and pay quarterly tax filings, SC, Seattle, State of WA, SF
- Prepare Fee Salary Ratio reports for NY
- Prepare and file any Certifications, Review contracts with M. Ramirez, manage any collection efforts, resolve client issues, Resolve ADP issues for accounting
- Generate specific statements (HR or Firm) for RFQ’ s
- Respond to any audits
- Renew insurance policies, Prepare, calculate NY tax bonus Prepare and send to GS NY & Isis tax information, including GS & Fidelity, Review GS estimates for NY & Isis projected taxes
- Prepare annual accrual and cash workbooks
- Send cash workbook to GS for annual NYA tax filings
- Calculate SC tax allocation
- Prepare, file and remit annual gross receipts tax filings for DTLA, Santa Monica, SF, SC, WA, Portland, and any other office that is needed
- Prepare and file Personal Property tax statement
- Prepare Equity information
- Prepare information for Insurance Renewals, E&O, Commercial package, WC, etc.
- 1099’ s
- Respond to any of the CEO’ s requests
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or related field.
- 7+ years of experience as a controller
- Knowledge of A/E S/E industry is required
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the " Apply" button.