2221 Park Place El Segundo, CA 90245
Duties for the role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Management and oversight of all accounting activities including Revenue Management, Cash Management/Forecasting, AP/AR Processing and Reporting.
- Post all required monthly journal entries, reconcile inventory in multiple locations, reconcile other balance sheet accounts as required, and perform overhead allocations.
- Report on any significant budget variances.
- Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and develop new processes and controls to support all business channels
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement, service quality improvement, and the implementation of best practices
- Work closely with our accounting staff for audit and tax preparation
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with GAAP, ensuring monthly reconciliation of all accounts including all journal entries is required as well as special projects as assigned.
- Must establish and apply a system of internal controls that assure legal/fiscal compliance with laws, rules, and generally accepted practices.
- Improve internal data visibility and understanding at all levels
- Must communicate effectively and positively with supervisors, peers, employees and customers in person, via email and on the telephone.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by Management
The candidate will fit the following attributes:
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
- CPA, CMA or MBA a preferred
- Big 4 public accounting and relevant private Industry experience preferred
- At least 5 - 10 years of FP&A and accounting experience within the Food & Beverage or Manufacturing industry
- Prior experience in start ups or ecommerce business preferred
- Superior Excel skills and advanced working knowledge of ERP systems & software
- Knowledge of GAAP and experience with Managerial Accounting & Cost Accounting required
- Strong Oral & written skills to effectively communicate with multiple departments
- Ability to work with multiple teams and interact with people at different levels
- Leadership experience preferred