350 W. Rosecrans Ave. Gardena, CA 90248
The Controller is responsible for the Company’ s accounting functions and associated controls helping manage general accounting, accounts payable and the daily cash needs.
The Company has been a premier designer, manufacturer and distributor of Medical scrubs and uniforms since its inception.
Recent growth has been in the 10%-12% range with continued similar growth expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and develop the accounting staff including those employees in general accounting and accounts payable.
- Manage audits- year-end review, sales taxes, workers compensation, etc.
- Ensure that reporting periods are all closed and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with budgets, variance reporting and other financial and analytical reports.
- Interface with vendor and customer community to ensure prompt resolution of any issues.
- Manage the continued development of system processes and procedures.
- Optimize the treasury function through multiple banking relationships including Canadian bank accounts, while managing cash balances and payments.
- Actively working with all cross functional teams to meet challenges in policies and procedures to meet the recent and expected continued growth of Company.
- Manage staff by coaching and counseling allowing staff to improve and grow professionally.
- Diverse responsibilities in a fast paced environment, requiring strong organization and communications skills (written and verbal), and ability to multi-task are critical attributes.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the ability to work with diverse cultural backgrounds, teams and contribute to building a positive team spirit; works with integrity and ethically, promoting a harassment-free environment while approaching others in a tactful manner.
Individual should possess strong organizational skills. Ability to work under pressure, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to meet deadlines with individuals/departments involved and have strong GAAP accounting and Excel skills. Individual must be highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of managerial experience in finance and accounting for import distribution and manufacturing companies, experience in the apparel industry a plus.
- Public accounting experience and Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Business Administration are pluses, but practical accounting experience is essential.
- Strong experience with ERP solutions, ideally having experience with Full Circle software and Quickbooks (used to account for an affiliated non-profit foundation).
- Minimum knowledge of high-intermediate Excel (pivot tables, v-look ups, etc) and ERP software
- Strong leadership skills to attract, retain and develop high caliber staff to build a strong accounting organization for a company dedicated to continued growth and success.
- Personal characteristics that will align with this position include:
- Creative, intelligent, energetic, decisive, possessing drive and initiative, maturity, flexibility, patience, persistence, excellent communication skills with abilities to work closely with staff and other departmental managers, and have unquestioned values of honesty and integrity.
Must have English as primary language of business. Ability to speak Spanish a plus. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals a must. Must posses the ability to speak effectively. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent technical skills, proficient in the use of MS Office with high intermediate Excel, and Outlook experience. Must be able to use calculators, familiar with databases and bank accounts.
This manager is responsible for the accounting staff of approximately six including accounts payable and general accounting.