Director, Actuarial Services - $200k +
Chicago and St. Louis, MO 60606
Position Purpose: Conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Provide expertise and technical support in matters related to the successful and financially sounds operations of the company’ s health plan businesses
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes.
- Negotiate capitation rates with State agencies.
- Review health plan experience and identify trends
- Analyze new business opportunities.
- Work with Health Plans to ensure soundness of capitation rates
- Work with State agencies to assess impact of program/policy changes.
- Present results to Senior Management/State agencies.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’ s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. 10+ years of actuarial experience, including 2+ years of Medicaid experience. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff required.
License/Certification: Fellow or Associate in Society of Actuaries; Member of American Academy of Actuaries