Director of FP&A
2221 Park Place El Segundo, CA 90245
Comp: $190K base, plus 25% bonus, equity potential.
Quest seeks a dynamic FP&A Director to lead Financial Planning and Analysis. The Director will have 2 direct reports (Senior Financial Analysts) and will report to the CFO.
- Prepare P&L, cash flow, balance sheet and other forecast schedules, analyses for management review
- Analyze new business strategies and develop financial impact/valuation recommendations
- Build dynamic financial models that range from new product strategies, pricing analysis to refinancing scenarios
- Lead the company’ s forecasting process, collaborating with department heads and building department budgets
- Review comparison of actual results with budget and forecast estimates; preparing appropriate variance explanations and highlighting issues and recommendations to senior management
- Develop holistic business insights from internal and external data sources
- Special ad hoc analyses including running scenario analysis
- Prepare and participate in quarterly business reviews with finance and executive teams
- Provide senior leadership and the board of directors with regular reporting, dashboards, and executive presentations to make informed, strategic decisions for the business
- Deliver timely, accurate, and effective analyses and reporting of financial metrics
- Run queries and prepare SAP and excel reports for ad hoc analysis for operational and financial review of the business
- Deliver high quality work with integrity
- Bachelor' s degree in Finance/Accounting /Math/Economics/Engineering from an accredited college or university, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in Finance, with at least 5 years of FP&A experience.
- Currently or previously FP&A Director or exceptional work as FP&A Senior Manager, preferably in the manufacturing and/or consumer packaged goods industry
- Solid Accounting background, exceptional analytical skills, and adept at identifying trends and variances
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to interact with and persuasively present financial issues to all levels of management and Private Equity partners
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a focus on teamwork
- Quantitative, with strong attention to detail and high degree of comfort with large volumes of data
- Strong worth ethic with ability to perform in a self-managed environment; must be good at multi-tasking
- Advanced Excel skills, and strong skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong familiarity with SAP B1, Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics AX an advantage
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams
- Passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management, cross-functional business partners and with corporate functions
- Limited domestic travel required (5% - 10%)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on and a brief reason why you want to join the Quest team.
Salary DOE. Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k) to eligible employees.
Quest Nutrition, makers of the worlds #1 protein bar, is committed to producing delicious functional foods that make no nutritional compromises. Founded to deliver the highest quality products that help active, health-conscious consumers achieve their goals, Quest has established itself as a premier brand that people trust. In 2014 Quest was named as the 2nd fastest growing company in North America by the INC 500.
Join the #CheatClean movement @QuestNutrition on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ and at QuestNutrition.com.
How autonomous is their role currently.? Are they looking at the entire business or just a component of it?
Get clear examples of reporting or systems that they built. Coming into Quest, they will have to create most of the systems and reports on their own
Look for real financial analysis vs. accounting functions in their backgrounds
Probe for strong cross functional working relationships
Must have Food, CPG Experience or strongly related food experience. May consider Retail based experience if food related.
Experience with larger and smaller companies where they wore many hats, used to quick growth.
Good communication skills, very articulate, good personality, team player, think on their feet, collaborative
Must have had a good career progression shown seeking a rising finance star.
Must have been at a Director level, no managers.
Prefer local candidates unless they are already in the process of relocating to Great LA market.