Director of Finance
36 State Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Director of Finance
The Director of Finance/ Operations is responsible for the financial knowledge and expertise as a key business manager of the hotel to assist all levels of Management in providing hospitality service of the highest quality to customers worldwide. Assist the General Manager in achieving established business goals. Direct the accounting and control functions at the property, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintains the integrity of the management information system.
• Supervise all accounting functions for the Hotel and Restaurants
• Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplied in the Home Office closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
• Analyze and interpret financial results to assist and advise the General Manager
• Maintain balance sheet analysis monthly with full supporting detail.
• Prepare accurate forecasts monthly and cash flow statements on request.
• Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
• Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in the policies and procedures manual.
• Ensure compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may affect both the Property and the Home Office financial position.
• Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in the policies and procedures manuals.
• Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
• Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
• Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel and restaurant management teams to ensure that owners, the General Managers, and the Home Office are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
· Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
· Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the property' s assets against loss or misappropriation.
· Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role. Coaches department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
· Adheres to the highest ethical and business standards, and to the laws of the countries, states and cities in which the Company does business.
· Continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies to ensure the General Manager is kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or restaurants in meeting its financial objectives.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· A degree from an accredited university or business college, majoring in accounting or business studies.
· Minimum 5 years practical accounting experience in the hospitality industry
· Exceptional technical analytical, and problem solving skills
· Prior experience with accounting systems and financial software
· Advanced computer skills required in accounting software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions