Director of Internal Audit
Irwindale, CA 91010
Director of Internal Audit
Our client, a large banking institution is looking for a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
The incumbent must be able to communicate at all levels and must possess good investigative and analytical skills.
The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for establishing an internal audit program to ensure the safety and soundness of the internal control environment and the accuracy of the accounting records and financial reports.
The Director is responsible to submit an annual internal audit program to the Supervisory Committee and to present periodic reports to the Committee on audits conducted and on the status of the audit program.
In addition, the Director will assist the CEO, Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee in conducting special audits or investigations when needed and provide support to facilitate external audits or examinations by independent audit firms and the NCUA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and presents to the Supervisory Committee an annual risk assessment for the purpose of identifying and prioritizing potential audits.
- Develops a comprehensive internal audit program for the Credit Union.
- Serves as the liaison between the Supervisory Committee and the organization.
- Works closely with the Supervisory Committee and the CEO to ensure that the audit planning activities, including scope, timing, and resource allocation, are effectively completed and documented in a thorough and timely manner.
- Performs special reviews as requested by the Supervisory Committee and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Performs financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with the appropriate professional audit standards in the areas of safeguarding of assets, compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and reliability and integrity of data.
- Provides oversight or conducts a variety of audit functions such as reviewing controls, policies and procedures, investigating documents, records, accounts, operations, and related factors.
- Determines if established organizational operating policies and procedures are being complied with consistently.
- Identifies deviations from institution policies and procedures and investigates irregularities. Supervises all audit functions in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Communicates any internal control weakness and recommendations for complying with findings and legal requirements to management and Supervisory Committee.
- Assists management in the development of appropriate controls to avoid future audit findings.
- Follows up on corrective action.
- Coordinates audit functions with outside independent audit firm and Federal Examiners.
- Acts as liaison between the Supervisory Committee, external audit firms, examiners and management for all compliance and internal audit related issues.
- Collects documentation for audits, manages the audit response process, and tracks audit finding remediation.
- Monitors changing regulatory requirements affecting credit union operations and makes recommendations for changes to internal policies to ensure compliance.
- Works with various departments to ensure legal, regulatory, and procedural changes are properly communicated to management and employees.
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 - 10 years previous audit experience with knowledge in all phases of related operations
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) certification preferred
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and willing to periodically travel within our branch network (Southern California and Southern Nevada) and to attend educational seminars
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/