Finance Manager - Sales & Credit
10277 W. Olympic Blvd 3rd Floor Los Angeles, CA 90067
Finance Manager, Sales & Credit
Our client is a fast-growing, full service independent entertainment studio with a mission to produce, acquire, and distribute premium film and television programming worldwide.
We are looking for looking for a very hands-on, collaborative Sales Finance Manager who will excel in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
In this newly created position, the Sales Finance Manager is responsible for Invoicing and Collections, including contract administration and tracking, invoicing, and credit policy review and application.
Additionally, this position supports Revenue and Sales Forecasting, with emphasis on sales and cash forecasting, budgeting, and revenue recognition responsibilities.
This position reports to the Executive Director of Financial Planning and Analysis.
Invoicing & Collections
- Performs invoicing function with respect to the customer base including support of royalty-related activities.
- Applies cash receipts to the appropriate customer account.
- Monitor receivables and collections in a multi-currency environment and provide regular updates of receivables and provide appropriate reporting/communication procedures.
- Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare report on highest risk accounts including recommendations for resolution including negotiation of payment programs with delinquent customers.
- Assist in developing sound, acceptable credit policies.
- Create a credit risk management environment of an acceptable quality, in terms of established credit guidelines, in consultation with senior management.
- Support new and extended credit lines through interaction with customers, valuation of risk, documentation, presentation and recommendation to senior management.
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit lines/limits, as well as credit holds; implement liens as necessary to major delinquent account as approved.
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within the company policy limits, approving issuance of all credit memos.
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate.
- Identify accounts requiring collection agency or legal action and coordinate collections with third party contractors and in-house legal counsel.
Revenue & Sales Finance
- Manage financial close process for revenues and receivables including performing account analysis and reconciliation for Deferred Revenue and Accounts Receivables.
- Prepares cash forecast of existing invoices.
- Perform bad debt and bad debt recovery analysis and reporting
- Team with Financial Planning & Analysis team on forecasts and annual budgeting process.
- Assist in ad hoc reporting and analysis of revenue and receivables
- Strong and broad experience in credit, financing and forecasting in diverse business scenarios.
- Understands purpose of legal documentation and terms and conditions of sales.
- Knowledge of financial statements and cash flow analysis and industry/market credit research.
- A high level of initiative and drive. Natural sense of ownership for projects and duties.
- Communication skills for credibility at all levels of the organization
- Strong technical and PC skills (particularly Microsoft Excel and Access).
- Informal leadership qualities with ability to drive change effectively across functional areas.
- Robust knowledge of accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- A team player, well-organized and self-directed. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Consistent demonstration of professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Must have Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in receivables/revenue/licensing environment
- Experience in the Entertainment Industry
- Experience with sales forecasting
- Ability to read and interpret complex contracts in financial terms.
- Systems experience, including rights management systems.
- Skilled with PCs, accounting software, and MS Office including advanced Excel skills.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.