Finance Senior Analyst - SOX Compliance
Duluth, GA 30095
Senior Analyst – SOX Compliance
Location: Duluth, Georgia
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Company in a key role within the Corporate Controllership organization. As a SOX Compliance Sr. Analyst, you will participate in all aspects of SOX 404 including planning, risk assessments, documentation, execution, testing, review, and follow up to ensure resolution of any identified issues. This role ensures management’ s control documentation is adequate and complete, assists management in determining “ key” controls to be tested, coordinates the testing of key controls by both the process owners and internal audit, assists in the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of financial reporting controls and the assessment of deficiencies identified, and monitors management’ s implementation of corrective actions through remediation. This role involves interaction with business process owners and key leadership across the business and provides an opportunity to learn the business, develop leadership skills and set you up for career advancement into new roles at NCR. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in the annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process identifying significant locations, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company’ s financial statements.
- Maintain SOX process documentation, test results, and user instructions in centralized SOX tool and coordinate communications with process owners
- Coordinate and participate in SOX walk trough’ s and risk assessments with business unit management
- Manage the coordination of management’ s SOX 404 process controls documentation updates and review process controls to ensure adequate design and identification of “ key” controls for assigned critical processes/accounts.
- Assist process owners in the preparation and on-going maintenance of process documentation
- Coordinate annual independent testing of key controls, monitor status and continuous follow up with business process owners
- Review and log completed tests, track testing progress, track deficiencies through remediation
- Work with process owners to ensure controls are operating effectively and evidenced appropriately
- Coordinate segregation of duties review
- Work closely with teams of accounting, shared services, tax, treasury, internal audit, information technology professionals, and consultants to provide ongoing SOX support
- Assist with supplying supporting documents for the requests by external auditor
- Provide oversight, guidance, and training on SOX and internal control procedures to business process owners
- Make process improvement recommendations with regard to control design and audit procedures
- Assist in various internal control process improvement projects
- Liaison with the external auditors as required
- Facilitate internal training on requirements of SOX compliance.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 4 + years relevant internal controls, audit, accounting and testing experience
- CPA/CIA preferred.
- Responsibilities require an understanding of fundamental accounting and audit principles and corresponding financial statement assertions
- Knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, and other applicable professional guidance
- Well organized, detail oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively and work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of management
- Knowledge of business systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with MS Visio a plus
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.