Financial Analyst Corporate
10277 W. Olympic Blvd 3rd Floor Los Angeles, CA 90067
Corporate Financial Analyst
Our client, a fast-growing, full-service independent entertainment studio with a mission to produce, acquire, and distribute premium film and television programming worldwide.
They are looking for a Corporate Financial Analyst who will excel in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, and this role supports the company with regard to financial analysis, planning, and forecasting. The key focus will be the financial analysis of each of the existing lines of business; developing reporting, forecasts, models, and decision-making tools. This role will also support new business initiatives as they arise.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret monthly financial results, forecasts and external reporting for the Company’ s financial operations.
- Work with Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to develop the annual budget.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers of the company and learn to forecast each line of business.
- Assist with the Strategic Planning process by supporting the creation of forward-looking financial models and analysis.
- Work with Director of FP&A in developing Revenue Ultimates and related Participation and Residual Ultimates for all new and existing titles.
- Participate in month-end close and provide weekly reporting of key operating metrics.
- Support acquisitions and productions by assisting with creation of Green Light packages (i.e., a business case for each production).
- Develop and maintain complex financial models. Provide clear and comprehensive analysis for presentation to management.
- Create value-added reporting tools and business models to support decision-making.
- Assist in process mapping and updating system descriptions for new implementations.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for management
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates a friendly and cooperative attitude with internal and external contacts in a professional environment.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Ability to take direction and demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow within the role.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Prioritizes and plans work with an eye to deadlines, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Must have Bachelor’ s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 1-2 years business experience preferably in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including Pivot Tables and advanced formulas in Excel.
- Knowledge of Finance/Accounting/GAAP principles.
- Knowledge of financial models and tools such as NPV, IRR.
- Strong analytical skills and business/financial acumen.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong quantitative and problem solving abilities.
- Interest in Entertainment and Media, particularly the business aspects of the established and developing markets.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.
Please note that candidates who are qualified for this position will be requested to complete an employment pre-screening test.
A background check will be required of any candidate who is offered the position.