Livermore, CA 94550
A $400M B2B rental company consisting of five different divisions serving the US and global markets. If you are looking for a great environment where your individual contributions truly make a difference, keep reading!
We are seeking a Senior HR Leader, someone who has business partner skills, a passion for talent management, a strong generalist foundation and great analytical and critical thinking abilities. The successful candidate will have exceptional coaching, influencing, facilitation, and communication skills.
Position requires demonstrated experience in the following areas: talent acquisition, performance management, coaching, compensation, employee relations.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Lead the talent acquisition strategies for the Corporation which will include personally recruiting sales and management positions for assigned client group.
- Lead the implementation and roll out of companywide talent management systems.
- Manage employee relations issues, including investigations, terminations and reorganizations for assigned client group.
- Provide expert insight into people and organizational issues. Translate business strategies and issues into appropriate HR and Organizational actions.
- Coach key business leaders on leading and managing their organizations effectively.
- Administer corporate HR programs and initiatives within client organization. Typical programs include: annual employee survey and follow up actions, focal review, talent and compensation review, recruiting.
- As requested, serve as program/project lead for various corporate initiatives
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Learns quickly when facing new challenges, enjoys the challenges of unfamiliar tasks, experiments and will try different solutions.
- Able to deal well with ambiguity. Can effectively shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortable handling risk and adversity.
- Applies excellent interpersonal skills both in one-on-one situations and in larger group meetings.
- Handles multiple tasks with the ability to switch priorities and focus as needed.
- Comfortable delivering and receiving “ courageous conversations”.
- Able to balance strategic and systems thinking with operational implementation and execution.
- Collaborates and influences effectively with peers and other leaders in making business decisions.
- Able to solve complex problems, and resolve disagreements with informed, rational debate.
- Exercises excellent judgment and possesses a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and innovation to drive breakthrough thinking on organizational and people issues.
- Documents and communicates status, issues, and risks in a timely manner to stakeholders and senior management.
- BS/BA in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or equivalent experience.
- Competent in all HR functional areas (staffing, compensation, employee relations, performance management and development, coaching, etc.)
- 10 plus years of progressively responsible HR roles.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Experience with the following HR systems: Halogen, Taleo, Oracle
- 15% travel within the continental US