9650 Jeronimo Road Irvine, CA 92618
Our Client is a Global Aerospace Defense company.
They are looking for a HR Manager to join their word class team in Irvine, CA.
The Human Resources Manager will provide generalist support to approximately 375 global Aerospace employees.
This role will implement and coordinate the application of established human resource policies and systems, recommend and develop new policies (where necessary) and ensure compliance with all elements of the Values & Philosophy.
The Human Resources Manager reports directly to the Aerospace Group HR Manager. The role may also partner more deeply with individual functions to advance organizational needs.
- Strategically plan and deliver HR services, programs and initiatives aligned with the business strategy and Values & Philosophy.
- Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor, and counselor to business leaders.
- Lead talent acquisition and development activities.
- Understand the group strategy and long-term plans to drive the Organizational Capability Assessment process to identify and implement action plans to improve organizational capability. Drive the quarterly talent review process within the headquarters population to build organizational capability, supporting a high performance culture.
- Provide coaching, consulting and facilitation skills at all levels, including Director and VP levels, to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with Values & Philosophy.
- Administer compensation programs, including various bonus programs, to ensure competitive pay practices through systems that reward superior employee performance.
- Facilitate the employee survey action planning and communication process for the headquarters population. Champion employee survey improvement activities through analysis of survey data and identification of key improvement opportunities, providing direct support to survey improvement teams as appropriate.
- Champion and lead Irvine Headquarters diversity and inclusion efforts; conduct every other month all hands town hall meetings for the headquarters and remote employee population
- Lead Irvine Headquarters community outreach efforts and chair the employee activities & community involvement team
- Ensure facility compliance with governmental regulations, such as: Affirmative Action Plan (AAP), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), etc.
- Evaluate, develop, and analyze available data to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve function and organization performance.
- Maintain employee files, HRMS data and process integrity consistent with legal, group and corporate standards.
- Facilitate HR service delivery for headquarters employees; ensure we are providing a high level of service for the managers and employees while streamlining and optimizing the HR value chain
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Implement and/or coordinate all phases of the human resources function within the Aerospace HQ population, including but not limited to: employment, compensation, benefits, EEO/AAP, training, and worker’ s compensation
- Assess talent needs for the Aerospace headquarters population; partner with the managers on to drive the posting process and standards within the talent acquisition process
- Facilitate Achieving Performance Excellence (APEX) and Organization Capability Assessment (OCA) calibration sessions for the HQ population; drive business action and follow through as an output of these discussions
- Coordinate bi-annual employee survey; work with HQ managers to develop action and communication plans and monitor action plan completion progress
- Coach and counsel HQ employees and managers on both gaps and opportunities to raise the bar within Aerospace; investigate concerns as necessary
- Manage the disability claim process, including the application of FMLA and the STD program. Coordinate each case with Sedgwick and works with employees to facilitate positive employee relations and expedite return to full-duty work
- Drive HR functional excellence through HQ programs and processes; ensure quality of process and content and alignment with the Business System (EBS) to achieve goals and objectives.
- Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
- Manage the new hire orientation and onboarding process, and exit interview process, as necessary
- Drive the annual salary planning and sales incentive plan (SIP) payout processes
- Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving a pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives; perform an annual cycle of improvement review on for HQ merit and SIP payouts
- Provide analytical reporting and proactive recommendations for HQ related metrics, including but not limited to, turnover, training, diversity and compensation data
- Support job evaluation and job banding processes and provide analytics that assure validity and consistency across Aerospace
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Work with the employee and local EHS coordinator to resolve any identified issues.
- Ensure that the business fully complies with all local and country specific employment regulations and posting applicable to the HQ population
- Initiate relocation processing; manage visa processing
- Drive Aerospace HR continuous improvement projects in support of the senior leadership team
- Support the Aerospace HQ organization as the HR Generalist
- Partner with the functional leaders to advance the needs of their organizations, as needed
- Support group Compensation programs (Merit, EIC, LTI, SIP)
- The successful candidate for this role must be willing to perform administrative tasks (i.e. HR filing) necessary to support the Human Resources function.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a generalist HR capacity
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ' Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills required, including use of discretion, tact and judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively navigate and influence sensitive situations.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities in an extremely fast paced work environment
- Proven ability in counseling/advising in various employment-related matters
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels in a highly-matrixed environment
- Understanding of Federal and State employment and labor laws, (ADA, OFCCP, EEOC, Wage and Hour, State Unemployment Compensation, State Worker' s Compensation, etc.).
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word skills.
- Master’ s Degree in Business from an accredited institution
- Plant experience as well as experience working in a large (Fortune 500) corporate headquarters
- Solid understanding of compensation principles and practices, including job analysis, documentation, evaluation, variable compensation, organizational structure, report development, and HRIS capabilities
- Experience with Oracle HR
- Minimum 3 Years
- Travel Up to 10 percent
- Relocation benefit provided? Yes - Within hiring country only
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.