Human Resources Generalist
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Human Resources Generalist
Our client is currently seeking an HR Generalist for our Kunia site in Hawaii. This role will work collaboratively with the Hawaii HR Lead to provide HR leadership to a 300+ person agricultural operation at 2 locations on Oahu. The ideal candidate will be able to provide full service HR support and find success in coaching managers and employees, helping to develop and implement HR strategy and direction in support of business needs and ongoing operations, while ensuring positive employee relations.
- Develop effective relationships with key business leaders, HR team and people managers.
- Gain a clear understanding of current and future business strategies in order to define and implement effective people strategies.
- Demonstrate proactive leadership during rollout of key HR initiatives and organizational change efforts.
- Ensure effective application of all basic HR processes including performance reviews, incentive planning and talent reviews/succession planning.
- Partner with appropriate HR specialist teams to deliver HR operational excellence. This includes staffing, compensation, organizational development, and benefits.
- Assist in developing and implementing diversity and leadership development efforts.
- Develop strong customer focus by providing frequent communication, responding to employee requests and ensuring fairness in application of policy and process.
- Assist the organization in creating and maintaining a Great Place to Work by interacting with and engaging a large non-exempt population and addressing morale and organization issues through partnership with employees and candid counsel to leaders.
- Lead all stages of seasonal staffing process for both locations.
- Assist with building first line supervisory strength through active recruiting, development, training, and performance review processes
- Develop strong supervisor to employee relations by providing frequent communication, responding to employee feedback and ensuring fairness in the workplace.
- Bachelor’ s degree in HR or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years progressive Human Resources experience.
- Ilocano and/or Tagalog language skills preferred
- Ability to partner with management to determine HR implications of business strategy and plan actions accordingly.
- Strong employee relations skills and willingness to interact closely with large non-exempt population
- Working knowledge of general HR policies/procedures, as well as local, state and federal employment laws.
- Flexible and able to respond quickly to changing job demands and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work comfortably and influence all levels of a diverse organization.
- Ability to work well in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to travel 10%