INTERNAL AUDITOR SENIOR
160 S INDUSTRIAL BLVD CALHOUN, GA 30701
Internal Audit Senior
Our client is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. They offer a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products.
These products are marketed under premier brands in the industry
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in accounting desirable and five years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis.
- A graduate degree in business or a professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA may each substitute for one year of required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
- If professional certification has not been attained, active pursuit of CPA, CIA, or CISA certification with completion within one year of employment in “ senior internal auditor” class.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Ability to prepare a professionally sound assignment plan, which provides direction for the efficient and effective conduct of the assignment.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of all products of audit work.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to research options, devise solutions for problem solving.
- Skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%).
Performs professional internal auditing work, supervises and reports on the results of audits. Key component of the success in providing internal audit services is the highly professional staff work and good judgment provided by the Senior Internal Auditor. Work involves conducting performance, financial, information systems, fraud and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’ s management and staff; and providing input to development of the annual audit plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Plans the theory and scopes of audits and prepares the audit program.
- Supervises the audit and assigns project tasks to staff auditors who perform analysis, critiques and evaluations to determine legal, contractual and financial compliance in the audit area.
- Reviews documentation, results and conclusions of tasks performed by staff auditors ensuring the success and professional standards of the assignment, and the on-going professional development of the individuals involved.
- Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with company policies and procedures by conducting interviews with all levels of personnel, examining transactions, documents, records and reports, and observing procedures.
- Identifies and defines issues and reviews and analyzes evidence.
- Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment, in accordance with professional standards.
- Assists in recommendations based on independent judgment of corrective action and suggested improvements to operations and reductions in cost.
- Writes and reviews audit reports for distribution to management and senior management documenting the results of the audit.
- Proactively develops staff through meaningful on-the-job training and prepares evaluations for staff performance on the assignment.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues and is responsible for assuring compliance with the department’ s annual requirements of professional development through external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Represents internal audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
- On rare occasions may be required to provide testimony to courts on criminal matters.
- Adheres to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager – Internal Audit and/or Vice-President – Internal Audit.
- 5-7 Years of Internal Audit experience.