IT Internal Audit Supervisor
Denver, CO 80201
IT Internal Audit Supervisor
Publicly traded for over 75 years, we are one of the largest mining companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 28, 000 employees and contractors PURPOSE:
- Audit the activities including those that relate to IT of various departments and entities of the Company to determine adherence to established plans, policies, procedures and good business practices.
- Fulfill team leader role on certain audits without direct supervision and participate in more complex audits under the direction of the Global Internal IT Audit Manager.
- Assist the Global IT Internal Audit Manager in the development of data analytics as a fundamental component of the audit approach to increase audit effectiveness.
- Perform assignments requiring understanding and application of audit principles, practices, and concepts.
- Actively participate in, conduct, and lead Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT General Computer Control (ITGC) reviews.
- Devise own methods to accomplish objectives and/or audits while leveraging Internal Audit’ s methodology.
- Complete planning work on assigned segments of the audit and in determining the extent of audit testing and workpaper content.
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports, processes, and procedures and prepare audit workpapers, recording and summarizing data.
- Discuss audit findings with stakeholders to verify facts, obtain background information to support conclusions, and reach agreement.
- Assist, as requested, with the summarization of audit findings and the preparation of formal audit reports.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations of audit results.
- Provide field audit supervision.
- Establish a central interface during the audit.
- Provide leadership to the other auditors participating in the audit.
- Ensure communication of audit objectives developed in the planning process.
- Develop audit planning documentation addressing scope, audit objectives, budgeted hours, fieldwork and reporting dates, audit personnel, and assignment of work.
- Responsible for completion of audit addressing all audit objectives, stakeholder management, control, monitor and report on audit progress, review workpapers, ensuring workpapers provide adequate support of conclusions while complying with workpaper standards.
- Responsible for development of draft audit report, including management comments.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of audit results.
- Audit the IT infrastructure, SAP application and associated infrastructure and key systems projects or significant IT changes at each Newmont site.
- Audit the financial and statistical data of various departments and locations of the organization.
- Audit the activities of various departments for compliance with established plans, policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Document, assess and test internal controls surrounding financial reporting in order to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Develop and provide assistance in the implementation of internal controls to ensure proper financial reporting and adherence to company policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Audit operational processes, consults with stakeholders, and assists stakeholders in making the process more effective through redesign/re-engineering.
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy, and application of financial, operational, and compliance controls to ensure effective control at a reasonable cost.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address issues identified.
- Perform or assist in the performance of special assignments requested by management.
- Responsible for communication with external auditors where necessary and appropriate for the specific project.
- Comply with the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Position is located in the Denver corporate office.
- Travel (up to 10%) to domestic or foreign locations for short to extended periods of time may be required to conduct audits.
- Bachelor’ s degree in information systems management, accounting, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience, ideally a combination of “ Big 4” public accounting and industry.
- CISA, CISM, CPA, CIA or equivalent designation.
- Current SAP experience required.
- Requires a high level of technical skills in IT general control and SAP auditing techniques.
- Experience with data analytic tools and processes (e.g. ACL).
- Experience in information systems auditing and pre-implementation review of information system projects.
- Experience performing SOX controls testing.
- Knowledge of the mining industry a plus.
- Knowledge of TeamMate audit software a plus.
- Most important competencies:
- builds effective working relationships
- impact and influence
- leads through vision and values
- a continuous improvement mindset
- effective communication