Investment Banking Associate, Healthcare Services, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Cain Brothers, a division of KeyBanc Capital Markets, is a pre-eminent healthcare investment bank focused exclusively on mergers & acquisitions, capital raising, and strategic and financial advisory solutions. Serving the largest sector of the U.S. economy, we advise clients on many of the most important transactions involving health systems and other providers. Our expertise across all sectors of the rapidly evolving healthcare industry enables us to provide unique perspectives to our clients. Our deep knowledge of the industry combined with our transaction expertise enables us to execute the most complex transactions in this sector.
Associates will work on mergers & acquisitions, capital raising, fairness opinions, valuations, and strategic advisory engagements. Cain Brothers’ deal team staffing provides extensive exposure to senior bankers and clients, including leading healthcare industry companies and private equity/venture capital firms. The Associate role provides an exciting opportunity to be actively engaged in transaction execution across the healthcare industry. Further, the Associate role is supported by a comprehensive mentorship program with senior bankers and there is excellent potential for promotion within the firm.
- Creation and oversight of presentations to senior management and board members of clients and prospective clients;
- Preparation of offering memoranda, pitch books and other material related to M&A transactions, financings, valuations and fairness opinions;
- Preparation of comprehensive financial models and valuation analyses including discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent M&A transactions, LBO and merger consequence analyses;
- Managing client due diligence processes;
- Oversight of Analysts on deal teams and assist in training and mentoring of Analysts;
- Travel to client offices and operating sites throughout the United States;
- Participation in on-campus recruiting and in-office interviewing processes to further build the firm’s franchise.
- Two to five years of relevant experience in investment banking or corporate strategy/business development;
- Background in M&A
- Bachelors degree with relevant coursework in finance and accounting;
- Strong financial analytical understanding and skills;
- Demonstrated interest in gaining domain expertise in the U.S. healthcare industry;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- Outstanding work ethic;
- Willingness to engage in moderate travel throughout the United States;
- Healthcare experience is not a pre-requisite
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there additional variable compensation?
salary + annual bonus
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Describe how this position fits in your organization.
Our sector bankers and transactional specialists collaborate to help founders, executive teams, investors and board members of companies in the high growth sectors of technology identify and implement the best course of action, whether a financing, M&A or alternative event.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- 3+ years investment banking experience. preferably in a Healthcare Banking group - Series 79 & 63 (within six months of employment) - Multiple years of relevant experience (Investment Banking, Strategic Consulting or similar client service, Venture Capital/PE, or a strategic role in a technology company). - Strong quantitative skills, including financial modeling and financial statement analysis
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
KBCM Technology Group is the combination of Pacific Crest Securities and KeyBanc Capital Markets. We deliver unmatched impact to our clients by merging the technology specialist approach of Pacific Crest with the expanded capabilities and traditional industry coverage of KeyBanc Capital Markets (KBCM) and the broader resources and financial strength of its $135 billion balance sheet parent, KeyCorp (NYSE - KEY). KBCM Technology Group operates with a focus on the sector's leading edge, where connectivity and the continuing evolution of technology is fueling unprecedented change across all industries. We apply our knowledge of the drivers of value creation, global network of relationships and comprehensive suite of corporate and investment banking services to assist our clients gain competitive advantage and achieve superior returns from the seismic shifts occurring in technology and its broader impacts.