Lead Financial Auditor
St. Louis, MO 63101 US
Do you currently manage financial, SOX & FCPA audits? Do you lead team efforts including planning for Staff Auditor’s development? Are you interested in traveling across the globe up to 35% of the time? The Global Finance Organization at Monsanto has an opportunity available for a Lead Financial Auditor. This exciting and challenging opportunity will provide ample business and management exposure, and prepare the employee for future growth and development within Monsanto outside of audit. This role will allow you to gain a better global perspective by working in various cultural environments. As a member of Monsanto's Auditing Services Department, you will have a unique opportunity to add value to Monsanto's business units worldwide.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Lead Financial Auditors manage and participate in financial, SOX and FCPA audits that evaluate and ensure the adequacy of internal controls, the integrity of the financial statements, and compliance with corporate and legal requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Communicating with site management to scope the work environment, assessing the risk exposure and strategy of the audit engagement, and reviewing and planning the audit areas.
- Making recommendations required to safeguard company assets and to optimize operational efficiencies; effectively communicating with Monsanto business people worldwide at a variety of responsibility levels; gaining commitment from site management to implement the audit recommendations, and thoroughly documenting work procedures, testing results and information collected.
- Leading team efforts which includes scheduling and planning for auditors’ development; coordinating opening, update, and closing meetings; resolving conflicts, and assuring the timely completion of audits.
- You will also have the opportunity to work on special projects, as well various audit department and overall finance initiatives.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance required
- 7+ years of public accounting/auditing experience with leadership responsibilities
- The job requires up to, but no more than, 35% travel with some ex-U.S. assignments of up to three weeks in duration.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX
- Experience with publicly-traded companies and/or manufacturing organizations
- MBA or MS/MA
- Foreign language (Spanish / Portuguese / Other)
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Is there flexibility in hours and/or the ability to work remote?
This position is:
Is there a bonus structure?
Is there equity?
Who does this position report to?
Audit Manager Up to 35% travel - 3-5 International trips a year for 3 weeks at a time
Does this position have direct reports?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
-BS degree -7+ years of experience -previous audit experience
What are the nice-to-have skills?
-CPA - Foreign language a huge plus - Data Analytics a plus
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
The Global Finance Organization at Monsanto is committed to the growth and development of our employees and employees joining in an Audit role may want a long term career in Audit or after a few years in role they may decide to continue to progress their career in a multitude of ways focusing on developing his/her technical as well as leadership skills.