4900 Hopyard Road, Suite 183 Pleasanton, California 94588
CPA - Partner Track Position
Pleasanton CPA Firm is seeking a high end manager or Sole Proprietor with Public Accounting experience who is looking to transition to the roll of Partner within 2 to 3 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and review and prepare financial reports as well as tax returns by performing the following duties:
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
• Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
• Prepare and review federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
• Review financial statements prepared by staff.
• Provide professional judgment to respond to and make recommendations for complex client issues.
• Supervise, train, and counsel professional staff to improve their overall performance.
• Work with little supervision from partners.
• Posses effective communication skills.
• Perform tax, audit and appeals representation
• Business Valuation experience
• Estate planning
• Expert witness experience helpful but not necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and or Experience
Employee must have a bachelors degree from an accredited University, possess a CPA license, and have at least 7 to 10 years experience performing pro-active tax and accounting duties.
• Ability to prepare as well as oversee projects from start to finish;
• Hands on computer skills including QuickBooks, tax program (Lacerte preferred), Engagement Software, Microsoft Office, Adobe Professional, and various other accounting related software;
• Small business consulting skill set;
• Strengths in Tax as well as Accounting & Auditing disciplines;
• Detail oriented with a strong capability of follow-through;
• Research, comprehend, interpret and apply Tax and Accounting & Auditing laws and rules.