Partner Tax - Practice Leader - Tax Consulting Services
21051 Warner Center Lane Suite 140 Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Practice Leader - Tax Consulting Services
Our client is a specialized boutique accounting and consulting services firm looking for a Practice Leader level accounting professional to help double the size of our firm in three years.
As a result, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic environment that is a playground for highly skilled, self-motivated professionals. You will oversee project teams which advise and collaborate with high growth companies on income tax accounting and reporting issues.
If you’ re interested, here is the challenge for your first year.
- Practice Leaders build the firm through practice development at your assigned existing clients and meeting established revenue goals.
- Practice Leaders assist the partnership group on an as needed project basis in the overall firm operations which include Human Resources, IT, Accounting, Scheduling and Recruiting.
- Practice Leaders have the ultimate responsibility of maintaining and building the client relationships.
- Practice Leaders are responsible for negotiating the scope of the work, bill rates and budgets for recurring projects at existing clients.
- Function as the tax accounting and reporting subject matter expert (SME) by developing on the job technical skills in our seniors and managers through performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs.
- Review and conclude on complex tax accounting and reporting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of the US GAAP structure.
The qualified candidate has extensive experience and demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Preparation and/or review of all aspects of tax provision accruals in accordance with ASC 740 (fka FAS 109) or IAS 12 (IFRS) for annual and interim reporting
- Identification and measurement of uncertain tax positions under ASC 740-10 (fka FIN48)
- Determination of tax provision impact associated with stock-based compensation and/or business combinations
- Documentation of tax positions and effective communication with audit firm personnel
- The Practice Leader’ s responsibility includes ensuring overall project success as well as completing original work as needed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the quality in the client deliverables.
- Possess clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Given the environment of our clients, the ability to adapt to unexpected changes to timelines, deadlines, and the scope of work is a must.
- Upon successfully demonstrating the skill set listed above you will have the opportunity to earn a promotion to Partner. As a Partner you will be responsible for:
- Building the firm through practice development efforts at new and existing clients.
- Collaborating with the partner group in setting the strategic direction and growth of the firm including geographical expansion of new offices and the addition of complementary service lines.
Our office is in located in Woodland Hills, but the location of our work is based on client locations primarily throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.