Senior Accountant - Non Profit Organization
Goldsmith Center 6505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90048
Our client is a well known Non Profit Organization in Los Angeles.
As part of their growth strategic plans, we are looking to fill an exceptional opportunity for a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT in their growing firm.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the General Ledger Accountant is responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the general ledger, account analyses, cash reconciliations and supervision of the Jr. GL Accountant and Jr. Staff Accountant.
- Review, maintain and reconcile the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Review all journal entries, monthly bank reconciliations, and analyses for cash and other accounts.
- Prepare and review audit schedules and work with external auditors/tax consultants to assure complete and timely compliance for financial and regulatory reporting.
- Prepare financial statements and other confidential management reports including daily and weekly cash position.
- Supervise Jr. GL Accountant and one A/P Staff.
- Perform additional projects as assigned by Accounting Management including, but not limited to, reviewing processes in place to improve efficiencies, creating a fixed asset tracking system, development of an AR subledger for non-pledge cash receipts.
- Additional Duties
- Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
Education, Skill and Experience Requirements
- BS in Accounting and 4 to 5 years’ experience working in an accounting department.
- CPA and/or public accounting experience preferred.
- Prior general ledger and account reconciliation experience.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word required.
- Experience with MIP a plus.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.