8484 WILSHIRE BLVD BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90211 US
Senior Accountant – Multi State Retail Company
Our international diverse media client is seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join their diverse Accounting and Finance team based in Beverly Hills, California.
As part of their strategic growth plans, we are looking to place an Senior Accountant in their division of highly successful chain of retail stores.
The original vision for an upscale adult boutique began in 1998 when the first Hollywood store opened on the famed Sunset Strip. Since then, the ever-expanding chain has been offering consumers a bright, refreshing emporium of lingerie, apparel, movies and other merchandise.
With multiple locations nationwide and plans for future expansion, this chain of retail stores is changing the face of romantic behavior worldwide.
On a day to day basis, the Senior Accountant assists the Controller, or designated manager, to accomplish the efficient and effective function of cash, inventory and fixed assets management and recording related transactions to the financial statements.
The Senior Accountant also provides consolidated financial information for analysis, as well as any other financial information requested. In addition, the Senior Accountant must maintain the confidentiality of all sales, profits, expense and personal information, and performs all duties assigned by the Controller or designated manager. Finally, the Senior Accountant must know, practice and ensure that Company policies and procedures are followed at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the preparation of month-end and annual financial statements
- Arrange, update, and monitor schedules of fixed assets, inventory, debt, prepaid assets, and current liabilities
- Prepare journal entries, allocations, and accruals
- Assist the Assistant Controller and Controller with managing the annual financial statement audit by sharing the responsibility for all lead sheets, supporting schedules, and variance analysis.
- Prepare sales and use taxes for multiple states
- Reconcile various bank accounts for a portfolio of entities (retail stores)
- Prepare financial statement package on a monthly basis for our partner bookkeeping company
- Prepare Daily Cash Spreadsheet showing actual cash activity
- Assist in preparation of the budget and forecast worksheets
- Organize and file accounting records
- 3-4 years minimum accounting experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field
- Retail industry experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting systems (ERP/Acumatica experience a plus)
- Excellent computer skills, including good proficiency in Excel
- Inventory accounting experience a plus
- Sales & Use Tax experience a plus
- Must be able to follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve routine problems
- Ability to perform reconciliation of accounts and propose solutions for adjusting of discrepancies
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and prioritizing skills
- Superb aptitude with numbers
- Efficient and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.