Honolulu, HI 96813
- Responsible to prepare financial statements, management and cost accounting reports.
- Assist the manager in overseeing the daily operations of the department and in providing guidance for other Finance Specialists.
- Determine how to implement accounting functions in the core data system and general ledger accounting system.
- Reconcile bank accounts and general ledger accounts, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare journal entries for various operations and from reports from various systems.
- Complete assignment within strict deadlines.
- Develop and maintain written procedures.
- Participate in audits and regulatory exams.
- Requires at least two years of experience working in the field of accounting, preferably in a financial institution.
- The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze information, make decisions and develop solutions based on sound judgment.
- Knowledge of GAAP and familiarity with the Federal Reserve Bank system and financial institution operations, products and services preferred.