4507 Gateside Drive Los Angeles, California 90032
Our client is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties.
They are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Accountant for the general ledger department to be based at our Corporate Headquarters in Culver City. This position is responsible for performing accounting functions for a select number of properties which include Conventional, Affordable and Commercial properties in the company portfolio, a privately held $3 billion real estate company.
Daily / Weekly Tasks:
- Prepare journal entries including accruals, amortization of prepaids or adjusting/reclass entries.
- Review trial balance for proper coding of invoices and reclass as needed. Also, provide feedback to AP regarding coding of invoices.
- Research and answer questions from Property Management regarding any assigned properties.
- Substantiate transactions in the general ledger by providing supporting documentation.
- Verify and analyze business records such as leases or contracts to understand the obligations of the entity and take ownership for the general ledger activity.
Monthly / Quarterly Tasks:
- Knowledge of fixed assets, including capitalization determination, depreciation and reconciliation of fixed assets balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare actual to budget variance analysis included in footnotes to the monthly financial reporting package to senior management and partners.
- Prepare account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare invoices for items such as management fees, percentage rent, business licenses, property taxes, etc. and reconcile associated accounts.
- Ensure compliance with mortgage loan covenants, lease or use agreement and associated reporting requirements.
- Take responsibility and ownership for presentation of financial results in the monthly review and presentation to management.
Annual and Other Tasks:
- Prepare audit packages for audited entities submitted to 3rd party CPA firm.
- Prepare tax packages for all entities to be submitted to the G&K Tax Department and 3rd party CPA firm.
- Prepare and submit financial reporting packages to lenders/banks and government agencies.
- Other tasks as assigned by Accounting Management.
- Requirements • Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Must have 3-5 years experience in public accounting and/or property management.
- Strong understanding of USGAAP and cash basis accounting.
- Well-developed understanding of accounting systems and other software systems. RealPage/OneSite Accounting system experience not required, but is a plus.
- CPA certification and/or graduate degree in finance or accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work in team environment on important matters with short lead times.
- Intermediate Excel, MS Word, and Outlook skills required.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/