Accounting Advisory - Consultant
San Francisco, CA 94016
Senior Associate level financial consultants work closely with senior management of Fortune 500, mid-cap and start-up companies. Managers lead project teams and interact with clients and their Big 4 auditors on all aspects of engagements, including report writing, developing and managing relationships with client management, and business development.
Take ownership of your career:
- Gain exposure to a wide range of industries and/or projects.
- Make a true business impact with your clients.
- Own projects from start to finish.
- Experience client interaction and thrive in a client-facing role.
- Be consistently challenged and learn through a collegial environment created from top tier experts hired within the firm.
- Enjoy the flexibility of office/remote/client site work locations (engagement specific).
- Create your own path.
- Enjoy what you do!
What you might expect:
- Integration with client’ s senior management to solve complex accounting issues and for preparation of proposed resolutions.
- Review of work prepared by Consultants on operational due diligence for complex transactions (i.e. – acquisitions & divestitures, stock offerings and dept raises, IPO’ s).
- Review of Consultants’ deliverables of financial and regulatory information in accordance with SEC and regulatory requirements (i.e. – 10K’ s, 10Q’ s, S-1 and S-4 filings, audit coordination).
- Research & documentation projects related to new ASC accounting standards (i.e. – ASC 842, ASC 606).
- Process improvement projects and implementation of changes.
- Lead and mentor Consultants, acting as a role model and providing creative solutions that enhance Consultant’ s overall experience.
- Participate in the firm’ s recruiting efforts, client relationship building and business development efforts.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting – CPA and/or MBA combined with solid accounting experience will be considered in lieu of a degree in Accounting.
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in public accounting and/or industry accounting/finance.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and ability to assimilate easily into teams.
- Strong technical skills and a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Proactive in identifying client needs and effective in building a strong relationship with clients.
- Highly organized and focused and demonstrates ability to set overall engagement expectations and direction.
- Effective analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Entrepreneurial nature, self-motivated, ethical and dependable.
- High energy with commitment to quality client service, focusing on ensuring positive resolutions to conflicts.