Senior Audit Manager
977 N. Broadway, Ste. 500 Los Angeles, CA 90012
Senior Audit Manager
Our Client is a Large banking institution in down town Los Angeles.
They are looking for a senior audit manager to join their word class accounting department.
Directs a comprehensive audit program including operational, financial, compliance audits and loan reviews, providing consulting services to the organization’ s management and staff; providing direction to development of the annual audit plan, and providing ongoing training, coaching and supervision to Internal audit staff.
Maintains organization and professional ethical standards. Works independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment. Manages within a budget approved by executive management and the audit committee.
- Directs the audit staff and/or external audit vendors in conducting interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, identifying and documenting audit issues, composing summary memos and recommendations, and preparing working papers.
- Performs complex audits.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of Internal Audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating staff, and taking corrective actions to address performance problems.
- Directs the identification and evaluation of the Bank’ s operational areas and oversees the development of the risk assessment, annual Audit Plan and related budget.
- Directs the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, development criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting audit processes and procedures, within the approved budget.
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations, and budget to actual results to management and the Audit Committee.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related discipline required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A CPA and/or CIA certification
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant banking industry or auditing experience
- MBA is a plus
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions
- Must possess leadership quality and teamwork spirit;
- Must be able plan and monitor activities according to priorities and multi-task;
- Must have organizational, problem-solving (solutions-oriented approach), negotiation and follow-up skills;
- Must have a good command of oral and written communication skills
- Must be analytical, creative, flexible, and manage well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must have good knowledge of bank policies and procedures, rules and regulations;
- Computer literate, high level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.