Senior Audit Manager
2942 Columbia Street Torrance, California 90503
Audit Senior Manager
Our client is a full service public accounting firm advising and assisting clients with their accounting, tax, financial and strategic planning needs.
Our professionals and team of advisors have expertise in a broad range of industries - specializing in privately held middle-market businesses.
They specialize in the areas of audit, accounting, tax, internal controls and business consulting, as well as specialty services such as royalty and contract audit, movie and television participation audit, litigation support and forensic accounting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
A&A Senior Managers are responsible for larger, more complex engagements and may manage several engagements simultaneously. Responsibilities include supervising engagements and special assignments, including but not limited to reviewing working papers, financial statements, communicating with clients on a one-on- one basis, and complying with pronouncements of professional and other regulatory groups. Key elements of the role include administrative, leadership, marketing, and practice development.
- Responsible for all phases of an audit, compilation, or review engagement.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client' s business as well as specialized knowledge of nuances related to business models.
- Plans, schedules and staff engagements using firm policies and procedures.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Prepares engagement letter for approval by partner.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff.
- Adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews work papers and reports prepared by staff.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Keeps partner informed of all important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that financial statements and letters of recommendations are prepared in accordance with professional and firm standards.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in performance evaluations.
- Prepares invoices to non-profit clients, communicates details of special fees to clients, and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm' s philosophy and its opinions on financial matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs, especially serving as a subject matter expert in the arena.
- Prepares reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Participates in firm' s practice development efforts.
- Builds client relationships.
- Takes leadership role in marketing, networking and business development.
- Applies knowledge of business functions, processes and strategies, with special focus on the industry.
- Supervises, directs and reviews the results of engagements.
- Supervises and trains managers, supervising seniors, seniors and associates.
- Responsible for engagement profitability – billings and collections.
- Participates in firm’ s committees and management meeting.
- Demonstrates an ability to become a part of the firm' s Career Advisor Program.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in specialized public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression, performing research and providing quality technical advice.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Business, or related equivalent, as well as CPA certification
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/