Senior Internal Auditor
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Senior Internal Auditor
We are looking for talented people with prior experience in auditing, accounting or finance to join our Internal Audit function as an entry point into the company. The networking and experience obtained in Internal Audit have allowed previous employees opportunities to move into a wide variety of roles within the organization.
The Senior Internal Auditor works with audit management and business management to identify internal areas or functions needing review, and plans for necessary audits. Leads specific audit engagements by supervising Experienced auditors on specific audit engagements, initiating and overseeing all fieldwork, and wrap-up activities, and is responsible for ensuring all required activities are completed. It also evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls over the activities reviewed. The auditor will report findings to business management and recommend necessary corrective action and process improvements. The auditor will also provide assistance to team members with issues requiring technical expertise or advanced knowledge. Provides training and acts as a mentor to Staff Auditors.
- Evaluate functions and activities in assigned areas under review to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control in achieving established objectives.
- When applicable interpret government regulatory requirements including those related to Medicare & Medicaid services
- Maintains strategic industry and Company knowledge; continuously updates practical knowledge and skills by using resources such as reading and reference materials, and attending training seminars as required
- Plans or assists in planning, the scope of the audit, and prepares the audit program.
- Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control. Coordinates testing to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Manages the required time and expense budgets on specific audit engagements.
- Performs a quality assurance review of all audit work papers prepared by the audit team for compliance with department policies and procedures and the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Makes, or assists in making, oral or written presentation to management during and at the conclusion of the examination, discusses deficiencies, recommends corrective action, and suggests improvement in operations and reductions in cost.
- Prepares formal written reports expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control.
- Serves as a starting point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve and ensures timely resolution. May assist with work distribution. Mentors less experienced team members to improve their understanding and skills. Ensures they are familiar with resource materials including manuals and systems.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assists in developing department guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assists with the re-design and re-engineering of Department processes, as requested.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Master’ s degree in Accounting (or met 150 hour requirement) preferred
- 3-5 years of significant experience in internal or external auditing, including 1+ year of in-charge/ senior auditor experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA or CIA certifications preferred or willing to pursue
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and data analysis software (i.e. ACL)
- Focus on quality and service
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical
- Demonstrate the confidence and communication skills to work with and present information directly to high-level management within all other areas and functions in the Company
- Thorough understanding of risks and internal controls, COSO framework, and professional auditing standards
- Use of automated audit and analytical tools for risk assessment and audit testing is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Express Scripts Management
- Prior experience with government regulations including those specific to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is a plus.
- Knowledge of the PBM or healthcare industry is a plus.
- Experience working with SEC reporting is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/