Senior Level Accountant / Auditor / Consultant
41593 Winchester Road Suite 200 Temecula, CA 92590
Full service tax, audit, accounting and consulting firm. Since our founding in 2004, we have been providing solutions to Federal, State, local and privately held businesses, their owners, high net-worth individuals and non-profit organizations.
Our effective business strategy builds on our expertise in consulting and accounting operations to help clients perform at the highest levels so they can create continued value for their customers and owners. Using our industry knowledge, service-offering expertise and technological capabilities, we help businesses identify risks and opportunities to ensure clients maximize potential and develop plans to mitigate liabilities.
Senior Level Accountant/Auditor/Consultant
Los Angeles Region
We are seeking to immediately hire several Senior Level Accountant/Auditor/Consultants in the Los Angeles, CA region to support Federal/State/Local Government and Private Sector engagements. We expect all candidates to possess at least 4+ years of combined Accounting and Audit Industry and Advisory/Consulting skills that can effectively apply Accounting and Audit Standards working on Private Sector, Federal/State and Local government projects.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of Financial and Internal audit engagements for Private Sector, U.S. Federal/State and Local government clients.
- Perform or oversee attestation engagements, including agreed-upon procedure audits for various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Perform contract pre-award and agreed upon procedures audits of grantees or contractors
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls throughout the business cycle.
- Identify and communicate audit findings to senior management and clients.
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients.
- Work independently with minimal supervision supporting various client stakeholders and working in cross-functional teams.
- Supervise associates and junior audit staff on assigned engagements.
- Serve as a liaison between clients, management and various Internal/External stakeholders.
- Provide technical knowledge in financial management areas of accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and/or financial business systems.
- Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases.
- Review draft deliverables prepared by engagement team Associates and other Seniors, confirm all review changes have been incorporated, compile updated draft on assigned deliverables timely, and within quality standards for review by engagement manager.
- Coordinate efforts managing all project deliverables and escalate potential risks and delays to management timely.
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of methodologies and intellectual capital including contributing to articles, whitepapers, and training efforts.
- Tax experience highly recommended.
- Ability to analyze financial data, computer generated information, other client prepared materials, and verbal information received by clients and document audit procedures in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing data regarding material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Reviewing computer-generated reports to determine if accepted accounting procedure was followed in recording transactions.
- Verifying journal and ledger entries of cash and check payments, purchases, expenses, and trial balance data.
- Preparing reports for management concerning scope of audit, financial conditions found, and source of application of funds.
- Making recommendations regarding improving operations and financial position of company.
- Implementing procedures for discovering and preventing fraud.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Private Sector, Federal/State and Local government financial reporting and/or auditing in accordance with applicable standards.
- For Federal and governmental projects, we seek candidates with knowledge/experience in Office of Management and Budget guidance, Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board standards, and Government Accountability Office Yellow Book and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Internal or External Audit.
- Risk Assessment.
- Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for Private Sector, U.S. Federal/State and Local government entities.
- Experience in internal controls, business process analysis, and business systems, and working knowledge of GAAP, the United States Standard General Ledger and/or Major ERP Systems experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and leading practices.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting from an accredited college/university required.
- CPA license preferred or CPA candidate required.
- Experience across multiple industries with a demonstrated track record of leadership, client management, and project management/delivery.
- Experience with FAR, government, non-profit and Single Audit preferred.
- Limited supervisory experience within a consulting role is preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to write at a publication quality level in order to communicate findings and recommendations to the client’ s senior management team.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Relevant and Active/Current Accounting and Audit Certifications preferred such as - CPA, CGFM, CDFM, and CIA.
- Continuing Education “ Yellow Book” standards documentation required.
- Ability to travel domestically 20-50%
- We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements ASAP