Senior Manager, Tax
The Senior Manager, Tax is responsible for overseeing and managing elements of the Company’ s Tax Accounting processes and procedures. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies. Responsibilities may include: developing tax accounting policies, procedures and controls; utilizing tax and accounting systems to automate and improve process efficiencies; interacting with personnel in varying disciplines of the enterprise including, but not limited to, FP and A, Accounting, Treasury, Finance as well as other Tax professionals; interaction with the Company’ s external audit firm.
- Responsible for accuracy of income tax elements of the Company’ s financial statements and management reports. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet tax accounting needs of the business.
- Manages elements of the Company’ s tax accounting activities, relative to both GAAP and adjusted earnings. Develops and implements tax accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated across the organization. Ensures tax aspects of the Company’ s financial statements are prepared in accordance with its tax accounting policies.
- Reviews tax accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to Senior Management.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to tax accounting processes and procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting external audits. Works with external audit firm.
- Partners with various disciplines within the organization. Examples include, but are not limited to: FP and A (tax rate budgeting and forecasting and analysis of actual results to budget); Accounting (external financial reporting, statutory audit support); Treasury (indefinite reinvestment assertion); Finance (tax effects of transactional planning and operational changes); and other tax professionals (e.g., estimating current year book-tax differences, return to provision comparisons and tax accounting related to tax planning).
- Work with other Tax department members on documenting and quantifying uncertain tax positions.
- Assist other Tax and FP and A personnel with forecasting the impact to the Company’ s effective tax rate for the impact of tax planning matters and other business (operational) transactions.
- Manage the Company’ s accounting for income tax related S-Ox internal controls. Work will involve interaction with both the Company’ s internal controls team as well as its attest firm.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees, building morale and motivation.