Senior Manager - Internal Audit
St. Louis, MO 63121
Sr. Manager, Internal Audit
This position is part of the Internal Audit management team and is a direct report to the Director or Sr. Director of Internal Audit. Internal Audit’ s primary responsibility is to fulfill its charter and assist in achieving its strategy and goals by improving the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, internal controls and business processes in an independent and objective manner.
- Oversee the development of audit plans, programs and control guidelines based on risk analysis, evaluation of key business guidelines/procedures and industry best practices. Manage, budget and schedule audits/reviews of financial and operational business processes while providing guidance to the audit team regarding technical concepts and business operations and processes. Assist in managing and conducting ESI’ s annual risk assessment process and prepare the annual risk based audit plan.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation of audit activities are in accordance with professional standards (e.g., IIA, GAAP) and use of appropriate tools, techniques and procedures. Ensure accurate and timely identification and reporting of audit issues, issue resolution and delivery of high quality audit services. Monitors and evaluates ongoing progress of management action plans.
- Provides on-going coaching to team members concerning quality, reliability, accountability and productivity. Reviews audit senior & staff work to ensure that it adequately supports audit findings and that reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely.
- Manages and/or performs special projects. Facilitates cross-functional meetings when necessary to investigate and resolve issues.
- Prepares presentations for the Audit Committee and Senior Staff.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field; MA degree or MBA preferred
- 8 - 12 years of experience in internal or external auditing, including 2+ years of audit manager experience
- Public accounting experience preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISA or relevant certification required
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and data analysis software (i.e. ACL)
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with ESI Management, focus on quality and service
- Ability to work with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information; Demonstrated understanding of audit standards, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated confidence and skills to work with and present information directly to high-level management in other areas and functions in the Company
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale in a high performance organization
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- Knowledge of PBM or healthcare industry preferred; Experience working with SEC reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/