Senior Staff Accountant
135 S. State College Blvd. Suite 300 Brea, California 92821
Senior Staff Accountant
Our client, a regional California CPA firm is seeking a dynamic Senior Staff Accountant to join their growing office that possesses the essential functions, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this position.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the orderly completion of engagements including the day-to-day supervision of staff, making the initial determination as to whether or not the engagement objectives have been met, and keeping the managers and partners informed of progress and unusual developments.
The Senior Staff Accountant will make the initial evaluation of the internal control structure, draft the work program and assist the managers in preparing time and engagement budgets.
One possessing top communication skills, providing direction and technical guidance to junior staff. This position provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop judgment and breadth of experience needed to become a Manager.
If you want to be part of a dynamic team and culture where you are appreciated, than we' d like to hear from you.
- Regularly assess the status of department staff work, review their progress and answer questions.
- Monitor time spent on engagements, and, when required, propose to the manager any necessary modifications in the engagement work plan.
- Responsible for the day-to-day, on-the-job training of staff and concluding the engagement in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for the detailed review of all working papers and the disposition of all follow-up items during the wrap-up of an engagement.
- Prepare, review and approve all drafts of financial statements and accountants’ reports prior to review by the managers and/or partners.
- Prepare, review and approve all tax returns prior to review by the managers and/or partners.
- Prepare written review of Staff Accountants, Semi-Senior Staff Accountants and Administrative Assistants in the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (primarily Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- General knowledge of FASB regulations and GAAP
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience supervising and training Staff and Semi-Senior Accountants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
- Highly motivated
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting and completion (passed) of all 4 parts of the CPA exam; Master' s degree in Business Administration or Taxation a plus. LL.M. in Taxation a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience gained within a public accounting firm.
- Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks or similar) preferred
- Knowledge of tax program software (ProSystem fx Tax or similar) preferred
- Knowledge of engagement management software (ProSystem fx Engagement or similar) preferred
- Knowledge of asset depreciation software (ProSystem fx Fixed Assets or similar) preferred
- Knowledge of time record keeping software (Practice Solutions) a plus
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/